When you’re ready to replace your home windows, you’ll have several decisions to make, including window type, glass and grid options, window color, and more. One of the most basic choices will be whether to select wood vs. vinyl windows.
The question of wood vs. vinyl windows has been debated since replacement vinyl windows first hit the market in the 1960s. Both wood and vinyl windows have several distinct advantages to homeowners.
Advantages of wood windows:
- Good insulation capabilities
- Warm look and feel
- Ability to paint interior and exterior different colors
- Excellent resale value
Advantages of vinyl windows:
- Lower purchase cost than wood
- Ease of maintenance
- Improved aesthetics, including a variety of color options for both the interior and exterior
- Excellent insulation capabilities
Combining the best of both worlds
Instead of having to choose between wood vs. vinyl windows, consider an option that features both. ProVia’s Aeris wood-clad vinyl windows offer the warm beauty and character of a wood interior, paired with the advantages of a low-maintenance vinyl exterior. Aeris windows are engineered and manufactured so the wood snaps into the vinyl and becomes an integral component of the window.
Aeris wood-clad windows offer other advantages, including:
- Designer styling
- Excellent finish options: Many stain and color selections covering three wood types
(Oak, Cherry and Maple) for interior frames, and several exterior frame color choices
for outstanding curb appeal
- Availability across all window styles and shapes
- ENERGY STAR® certification
- ComforTech™ Warm Edge Glazing for less heat loss, warmer glass temperatures and
reduced interior condensation.
Marketing Manager - Doors & Windows