Eventually, just about everyone sells a home.
When you’re ready to replace your home windows, you’ll have several decisions to make, and one of the most basic will be to decide what type of windows you want.
The great wood vs. vinyl windows debate has raged ever since replacement vinyl windows first hit the market in the 1960s, and each side has valid points about its material of choice.
Wood window champions cite advantages like:
- Good insulation capabilities
- Warm look and feel
- Ability to paint interior and exterior different colors
- Excellent resale value
Vinyl window proponents point out benefits such as:
- Lower purchase cost than wood
- Ease of maintenance
- Improved aesthetics, including a variety of color options for both the interior and exterior
- Excellent insulation capabilities
But the question of vinyl windows vs. wood windows presents a false dichotomy. Instead of choosing one material or the other, why not choose both? ProVia’s Aeris wood-clad vinyl windows offer the best of both worlds: the beauty of wood inside, paired with the advantages of a maintenance-free vinyl exterior.
Aeris windows are engineered and manufactured so the wood snaps into the vinyl and becomes an integral component of the window.
Aeris wood-clad windows offer other advantages, including:
- Designer styling
- Excellent finish options: Many stain and color selections covering three wood types (Oak, Cherry and Maple) for interior frames, and several exterior frame color choices for outstanding curb appeal
- Availability across all window styles and shapes
- ENERGY STAR® certification
- ComforTech™ Warm Edge Glazing for less heat loss, warmer glass temperatures and reduced interior condensation.
Marketing Manager - Doors & Windows